We’re looking for an intern to join our Multimedia Production team in our Communications Office. Initially, you will work onsite in our Mt. Laurel, NJ office, but in early 2018, will relocate to our new, modern, open-space and collaborative team environment in Pennsauken (near the Cherry Hill Mall). The ideal candidate will be available 2 to 3 days a week now with the possibility of coming on full time in the future.
This is a home health care company, so above all, you need to have a sense of compassion and an urge to learn about people and their stories. We can teach you about the health care industry, we can help you learn the ins and outs of our brand, but we can’t teach you how to care. We hope that you are hard-working, organized, inquisitive, and driven. Bonus points if you have a degree in Communications, Film, Creative Writing, or Studio Art.
Some of your job duties as a multimedia production intern will include administrative tasks, like organizing our photo/video libraries or highlighting interview transcript text for future use. However, we’re also looking for someone who has knowledge, experience, and expertise in at least 3 of the following categories:
- Requirements: proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and Lightroom!); knowledge of photography basics; interest in portrait and lifestyle photography
- Duties: attending photo/video shoots, photographing events, photo editing
- Include a link to your photography portfolio in your submission
- Requirements: familiarity with audio and video equipment (lenses, mics, booms, sliders, etc.); interest in documentary work
- Duties: attending video shoots, video editing
- Include a link to your reel or a short film in your submission. Be prepared to speak to your experiences!
- Requirements: proficiency in Adobe Premiere (After Effects is a plus!); understanding of storytelling and basic plot devices; interest in documentary work
- Duties: video editing
- Include a link to your reel or a short film you edited in your submission
- Requirements: proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat (InDesign and Story are pluses!); creative, copy, or screenwriting experience; ability to proofread
- Duties: writing for our Instagram, Faces of BAYADA (if you check it out, you’ll notice it hasn’t been updated in a bit, which is exactly why we need some help); possibly writing scripts for instructional videos and others
- Include your favorite two writing samples that best represent you as a writer
- Requirements: proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Duties: illustration! Currently, we don’t have an in-house illustrator, so the duties haven’t been outlined quite yet.
- Include a portfolio of your artwork.
- Requirements: proficiency in Adobe After Effects, Character Animator, etc.
- Duties: animating graphics in videos and animating illustrations. Currently, we don’t have an in-house animator, so we don’t know exactly what this job will look like quite yet.
- Include a reel of your animation work or a short film/piece.
- Requirements: proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc. – After Effects is a plus)
- Duties: design slides for videos; design logos and graphics for various creative projects
- Include a link to your portfolio
In addition to the links to your portfolios, reels, films, writing samples, artwork, or animation--please include your resume and a cover letter. Are you extremely talented in only two of the above? Include in your cover letter why you are still the best candidate. Are you currently a student? Don’t hesitate to apply! We can put together a schedule that works for you.