Quirk Books has a part-time, paid internship position that allows the candidate to learn about the publicity and marketing process in book publishing through hands-on experience. The summer internship runs from May through August and requires a minimum commitment of 20 hours a week. It will take place in Philadelphia.
- Publicity Support: Assisting the publicist and director of publicity on publicity campaigns, including writing press materials and pulling media lists.
- Clerical Support: Fulfilling mailings, tracking, and logging publicity clips, sending weekly status reports, filing/copying, and taking minutes during weekly marketing meetings.
- Content Production: Creating and posting content on Tumblr and Pinterest, photo editing, writing press materials and blog posts, and brainstorming ideas for the Quirk blog.
- Research: Media contacts, library and retail marketing contacts, and digital marketing.
- Digital Support: Back-end maintenance of QuirkBooks.com, including uploading and tracking blog posts.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must have good time-management skills and be organized and detail oriented
- Must be proactive, flexible, and adaptive in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Google Docs
- Knowledge of Canva or Adobe Spark a plus
- Undergraduate or graduate student, preferably majoring in a relevant subject area
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 20 hours a week
- Previous internship experience in publishing a plus
Please submit cover letter, resume, and one-page writing sample (such as a blog post, press release, or book review) to email@example.com.