Members of Rowan University faculty were in attendance, including the Director of the Wellness Center Scott Woodside and Associate Director of Counseling and Psychological Services Amy Hoch, the Dean of Students Drew Tinnin, President Ali Houshmand, as well as a representative from the New Jersey Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services.
The night began with a few of these members addressing the crowd and discussing some of the services the Wellness Center provides. Students then began a dialogue on mental health and their experiences with the Wellness Center. Students brought thoughtful questions, criticisms, and suggestions, and the Wellness Center faculty were receptive to them.
Although the event officially ended at 9 pm, many students and faculty stayed past 10 pm to continue their conversations. Faculty members that I spoke to were concerned about the recent events and receptive to student suggestions. Many students and faculty assured that Monday night was only the beginning of this important dialogue on mental health and support for students in distress.
- Wellness Center Phone & Email: 856-256-4333 & email@example.com
- Wellness Center Crisis Line: 856-256-4911
- New Jersey Hope Hotline: 855-654-6735
- Text 741741 for support over text
- TODAY: Inhale Exhale: De-stress @ the Library
- Drop In Sessions hosted by the Wellness Center this week: