Checklist for Portfolio seminar
Early in Semester
1. Attend one of the introductory meetings.
2. Read over the course requirements. Sample Analysis Statements can be found by logging onto the class Blackboard site.
3. Contact your advisor/reader and propose an action plan (i.e., when you will have things completed by).
4. Based on how you want to approach your Analysis Statement (AS), begin to put your electronic portfolio (including the AS) together.
Middle of Semester
5. Complete at least three core values of the Analysis Statement. You decide which three.
6. Week 8 (mid October for Fall; mid March for Spring): Send three values to your advisor/reader.
7. Based on feedback from your advisor/reader, complete your Analysis Statement.
8. Week 12 (before Thanksgiving for Fall; mid April for Spring): Contact Kopp to let him know the draft of your AS for all 9 core values is completed so you can be placed in a peer group with 2 other students. Do not email the AS to Kopp! You will be placed with others in a group via Blackboard once I have enough people to create a group.
9. With your group, workshop Analysis Statements electronically in Blackboard.
10. Revise your Analysis Statement based on your peers’ feedback.
11. Make sure you have uploaded everything to your electronic portfolio.
12. Week 14 (beginning of December for Fall; end of April for Spring) Let your advisor/reader and Kopp know that you completed your portfolio by sharing it with them. Kopp’s user name is kopp. Your advisor/ reader’s login name can be found on the Blackboard Portfolio Seminar site.
Late in the Semester
13. Your advisor/reader will evaluate your AS and recommend a grade to Kopp. Kopp will enter the grade, unless you have failed to participate or have done a poor job in step 7, in which case your grade will be lowered one‐third.
The Analysis Statement
Core Values and Learning Outcomes
Questions Concerning Core Values
PS AS Peer Group Instructions
Portfolio Contents and Uploading Hints
Checklist for Portfolio Seminar
Holistic Grading Rubric for Portfolio Seminar
Commonly Asked Questions about Portfolio Seminar