Rowan University graduates will need to have lifelong learning skills that enable them to be flexible, adaptable, and agile, so they can engage responsibly, critically, and ethically in an ever-changing world. Through Rowan Core, students will strengthen their ability to be critical thinkers, intentional learners, and engaged citizens. Rowan University is an inclusive, agile, and responsive institution, and its graduates exhibit those same qualities.
Students must complete a total of 34 sh per the Writing Arts Major Requirements. These 34 sh include:
- 9 sh of Introductory Courses: Introduction to Writing Arts, How Writers Read, Tutoring Writing, Communication Theory, Creative Writing I, Writing Children Stories
- 6 sh of Intermediate Courses: The Writer's Mind, Writing Research, and Technology
- 4 sh of Advanced Courses: Methods of Analysis and Evaluation of Writing and Portfolio Seminar
- One Elements of Language Course
- 12 sh of Writing Arts Concentration Courses.
Students must complete 12 sh in one of the Writing Arts concentrations: Creative Writing, Publishing and Writing for the Public, or Technical and Professional Writing.
The Writing Arts Department also offers a program of study leading to a minor in these four areas: Creative Writing, Technical and Professional Writing, New Media, and Writing Arts.
All Writing Arts Majors must complete Portfolio Seminar.